Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Pasta with White Wine Tomato Sauce

Again, this is something that I made up spur of the moment while standing at the stove. I had another idea for dinner but as I began my prep I realized I was missing a key ingredient (bad chef!). I had been craving pasta for awhile and decided that I would attempt to throw something together to kill the craving. This was the result ..



2 cloves garlic, thinly sliced
1/4 large white onion, diced
3/4 Cup white wine (I used Chardonnay)
1/2 can diced tomatoes
1/2 lb large shrimp
1 bag No Yolks Egg Noodles
1/2 Cup Milk (or heavy cream which I didn't have on hand)
Dried Oregano
Grated Parmesan Cheese
Salt
Pepper

Place the garlic and onion into a skillet that has been warmed to medium/high heat. Add the white wine and bring to a low simmer and let cook several minutes to soften the onion. Add the diced tomatoes and ALL of the juice from the can despite using only half of the tomatoes. Bring back to a simmer and let continue to cook another 3-4 minutes. Test to ensure the onion is now cooked thru.

Start the pasta cooking in a seperate pot.

Add to the sauce skilled 1 teaspoon Oregano (or more to your taste), salt and pepper to taste. Add the shrimp and cook for 3-4 minutes or until they are cooked thru (I used precooked). Add the milk, stir to incorporate into the sauce and let heat.

When the pasta is completed, drain and add back to pot. Pour sauce from skillet over pasta and toss. When plated top with grated parmesan cheese.

No comments:

Post a Comment