Monday, April 19, 2010

Baked Parmesan Tilapia

I found a recipe for Broiled Parmesan Tilapia and it looked like something I wanted to try. Hubby and I are both big fans of tilapia and make it often. However, because the rental that we are in has a rather temperamental stove I didn't want to try to use the broiler - hence my adapted version of a baked version. The recipe also called for 3 tablespoons of mayonnaise but I cut that to make a slightly healthier version.



1/2 C Parmesan Cheese
1/2 C butter, softened
2 Tablespoons fresh lemon juice
1/4 Teaspoon dried basil
1/4 Teaspoon ground black pepper
1/8 Teaspoon Onion Powder
1/8 Teaspoon Celery Salt
2 lb Tilapia Fillets

In a small bowl mix together the cheese, butter and lemon juice. Add the remainder of the dry spices, mix and set aside.

Arrange fish on a non-stick, foil lined cookie sheet. Bake fillets for 10-12 minutes at 425 degrees. Remove from oven and flip. Top each fillet with parmesan cheese mixture. Place back into the oven for an additional 5 minutes until fish cooked and cheese melted.

I served this with one of my favorite sides - baked potato, butter spray, garlic powder and low fat sour cream.

Feedback: The fish was AMAZING - I would without doubt make it again. I can't wait until I have a better oven so that I can try the original recipe with it broiled.

No comments:

Post a Comment