Thursday, April 15, 2010

Chicken with Feta and Green Onions

I made a recipe out of the Weight Watchers cookbook tonight because hubby and I have been trying to eat healthier. This means I've been trying to cook healthier but I still want to try new things. I've never cooked with feta before and I'm happy I made the decision to do so. I'll defintely be trying some more feta recipes in the future. I did made some substitutions - I removed the hot sauce because honestly it just didn't sound that appealing. I served it with green beans sauteed with garlic and onion as a side dish.



1/2 cup feta cheese with basil and sun-dried tomatoes (I couldn't find this so I just used feta)
2 Tablespoons minced green onions
1/2 teaspoon dried basil
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon country style dijon mustard
1/2 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
Cooking Spray
1/8 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350. Combine first 4 ingredients in a small bowl, toss gently. Set aside.
Combine mustard and hot pepper sauce; stir well.
Place chicken on pan coated with cooking spray. Spread mustard mixture over chicken. Bake at 350 for 20 minutes.
Sprinkle cheese mixture over chicken and bake an additional 5 minutes or until cheese is slightly melted. Sprinkle with pepper.

No comments:

Post a Comment