Wednesday, April 7, 2010

COF Chicken


Tonight's dinner was a spur of the moment improvision, no recipe involved. I wanted to clean things out of my fridge that weren't going to last much longer and see what I could create. So, I guess I'll call this COF (Cleaning Out the Fridge) chicken.

4 Chicken Breasts (sprinkled with salt and pepper)
2 Cloves Garlic
3-4 Sprigs Fresh Thyme
1 C Low Sodium Chicken Broth
1 C Mushrooms
1 Handful Fresh Snap Peas, stemmed and cut in half

I browned the chicken breasts on each side and then removed them from the deep skillet. I then added the garlic, thyme, and chicken broth. After that game to a simmer and cooked for a few moments I added the mushrooms and the snap peas. After they began to soften I added the chicken breasts back to the pan and covered them. I let the entire meal simmer for about 5 minutes, or until the chicken was completely cooked. Ta Da!

For an improvision it came out really yummy - Hubby even had two pieces and is taking one for lunch. I guess you know that your getting more comfortable in the kitchen when you feel comfortable "winging it" without a recipe! I loved the flavor of the thyme - it really came thru. Rosemary is still my favorite herb, followed my fresh cilantro in the summer, but thyme is a nice change occasionally.

1 comment: