Sunday, May 2, 2010

Smoked Salmon with Black Pepper Potato Chips and Lemon Crème Fraîche



1/4 cup crème fraîche or sour cream

1 1/2 teaspoons finely grated lemon peel

16 large black pepper or salt-and-pepper potato chips

1 4-ounce package thinly sliced smoked salmon, cut into 16 pieces

Chopped fresh chives

Stir crème fraîche and lemon peel in small bowl. Arrange potato chips on plate. Divide salmon among chips. Spoon rounded 1/2 teaspoon lemon crème fraîche atop salmon on each chip and sprinkle with chives.

Feedback: I really enjoyed these, but I'm not sure how often I'd make them for a party. They aren't something that you can make ahead really easily and transport - perhaps only for a party at my home. They were very delicious but even though the salmon was smoked a lot of people who won't typically eat sushi wouldn't try them. Husband's feedback was that he ate them and they were good but I've done many more appetizers he'd rather have.

No comments:

Post a Comment