Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Pasta with Asparagus and Pancetta



8 ounces uncooked pasta (I used what I call wagon wheel pasta)
1 pound asparagus, trimmed and cut diagonally into 1 1/2-inch pieces
1 teaspoon minced garlic
2 ounces diced pancetta
2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
2 teaspoons extra-virgin olive oil
1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
1/4 teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
1/4 cup (1 ounce) crumbled Parmigiano-Reggiano cheese

Preheat oven to 475°. Cook pasta according to package directions, omitting salt and fat; add asparagus to pan during last 3 minutes of cooking. Drain. Sprinkle pasta mixture with garlic; return to pan, and toss well.

Arrange pancetta on jelly-roll pan. Bake at 475° for 6 minutes or until crisp.

Combine lemon juice, olive oil, salt, and pepper, stirring with a whisk. Drizzle over pasta mixture; toss well to coat. Sprinkle with pancetta, and cheese.

Feedback: I adapted this recipe from a Cooking Light recipe I saw online. Initially it called for pine nuts also but I'm not a big fan of those in pasta so I eliminated them. Overall this recipe was enjoyable nut I felt, as did my husband, that it didn't have enough of the sauce. If I chose to remake this I will probably double the ingredients for the sauce.

Because it was so light, and the asparagus so delicious, I could see this also being a great summer pasta salad - using leftovers the following day I could definatley take this for lunch!

1 comment:

  1. yum! I would love to make this soon.If you wont mind I'd love to guide Foodista readers to this post.Just add the foodista widget to the end of this post and it's all set, Thanks!

    ReplyDelete