Thursday, July 21, 2011

Hungry Girl Mini Pizzas

I saw these both on the Hungry Girl website, and also in her cookbook. They were a great little treat and still on our Weight Watcher's diet. While her recipe called for using English Muffins, I opted for Sandwich Thins.


1 Sandwich Thin, Opened to create 2 Flats
2 Oz Candadian Bacon, cubed
Store Bought Marinara
1 Stick Mozzerella String Cheese (I sliced into rounds)
Pineapple

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Place the sandwich thins flat, and place desired amount of marinara on top. Place half of the cheese onto each flat. Place half of the candian bacon onto each round (1oz each) and then top with desired amount of pineapple.

Bake for 8-10 minutes or until cheese is melted and toppings are heated thru.

Feedback: I would make these again for sure! The only variation I would make is I probably would follow the Hungry Girl instructions and use english muffins. The sandwich thins, while more pizza crust like, didn't hold up well to the marinara.

No comments:

Post a Comment